Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I've been feeling less then inspired this week.

My boyfriend's been getting a lot of these for lunch:



Granted, that's a good-looking sandwich, with a thick-cut ham steak and swiss cheese, but still.

I did made some pretty fabulous and innovative food for a dinner party last week, including this prosciutto, fennel, and pomegranate salad (result: prosciutto and pomegranate are fabulous together, but next time I'd probably leave out the fennel), and this goat cheese, butternut squash, and penne pasta (in which I switched out the basil for sage, halved the amount of goat cheese, and doubled the amount of parmesan).  But beyond that, I've been cooking really simple food, like turkey burgers, pasta and jarred sauce, stir fry with rice.  I do love quick and simple food, but none of it has really been all that blogworthy.

Tonight, however, that changes - I'm having Alyse and her fiancee over for dinner, where I'm making a pork tenderloin roulade with wild rice dressing and a pumpkin custard for dessert.  Stay tuned for pictures!

Also, here's a sneak peak of the project I've been working on - any guess what it is?  (Your ability to guess might be obscured by the absolutely giant cat filling the frame.  That's Dexter.  Believe it or not, he is on diet food.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails