Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bringing the outdoors in...

...with forest murals!  Or forest photo walls!  Or some tree/forest inspired project.  At least, that's the idea I'm currently exploring for the area in the living room behind my couch.  It is currently a broad expanse of wood paneling, which looks like this:

My goodness, that's a lot of wood paneling...

I'd love to have a DIY project that was big, bold, and reflects my love of nature and the forests of the Pacific Northwest (and to tie in with the cabin theme, naturally.  Perhaps I should blow up some of the photos I've taken while hiking?  It might look like something along these lines:


Check out CatsMeowArt's Etsy Shop!

The photo below features what could be a neat idea in white string on the wood-paneled wall, but I'm not sure I'm willing to put that many holes in the wall...


Original post at Re-Nest


Because we can't paint the walls, something like this (in a lighter color scheme) might work, and would be a fun DIY art project:

Original post also at Re-Nest

Hmm...fellow crafters, any ideas?  Stay tuned for what ends up going on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails