Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Feature: Coveted Crafts

Every Thursday, Dexter & Dinah will feature a new crafter/artisan whose work is handmade.

I'm really having fun trying to figure out how to incorporate our existing furniture (a hodge-podge of Ikea, family hand-me-downs, mid-century modern and Danish modern) into our new, mostly wood-paneled house.  As I mentioned, I'm going for mod cabin - I'm thinking cuckoo clocks, ceramic antlers, a faux Flokati rug, and other knickknackery.  The result is that I've spent more time than I'd like to admit on Etsy.  This week, Dexter & Dinah is featuring etsy seller SewEnglish, whose handmade pillows, like her shop name, are firmly tongue-in-cheek.  I mean, who can resist a fun throw pillow like this one, which features one of life's most important lessons:


Bacon!  It makes everything better...

 How cute is this next one?  It ties in perfectly with the mod cabin theme:

Who!  Who!
But what I particularly fell in love with was this deer silhouette:

Oh dear!  A deer!
I loves me a play on words.  She also has some naughtier pillows which I admire for their playfulness but fear I would forget to take off the bed when the parents came to visit...hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails